Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cupcakes and a walk through the park

I decided to take a break from some personal work this weekend and take a lovely stroll to Balboa Park. Such a beautiful day in San Diego!
While I was walking through the park, I decided to head over to the House of Pacific Relations International Cottages.
Every Sunday, all the International Cottages have an open house. Everyone is welcome to walk in and partake in their tasty treats! This is a fun, relaxing event and all entirely free!
On this particular Sunday, there was a special event taking place. The House of Ireland was having an early St. Patrick's Day Celebration complete with Irish dancing!
To support the House of Ireland, I, of course, had to purchase a chocolate Irish cupcake!
The cupcake was tasty, by the way! I just love the crunchy, green sugar crystals on top of the creamy chocolate icing! Yummy! :-)
I lastly, peeked into the House of Finland and the House of Ukraine and found some beautiful crafts and design which I will put in a later blog post. I hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment