Friday, November 30, 2012

Strawberry Panda Pie

This appeared to be a cookie to me at first. Upon further research into this product, I discovered that this is actually a small pie.  Officially the panda pie is called: Saku Panda Strawberry Monaka Pie by Kabaya. I purchased this from Mitsuwa Market.  Of course, I needed to pick this up because the cute panda face was calling to me!





The pie is both strawberry and chocolate flavored. Biting into it, I realized that the filling is a soft, airy foam with a creamy consistency. Very good! This tasted very similar to Meito fish wafer cookies that I tried in an earlier video.

Above is the shell of the pie which is similar to ice cream wafer cones.  It has yet another cute panda face on the back! The Japanese are very good at considering all the details in designing a product, even the back! I definitely recommend panda pies by Kabaya. Definitely pick this up if you get the chance!

                                                                                                                                                                   
Unfortunately, I forgot to photograph the package! Here is an image I found online, but of the chocolate version of this product. The packaging of the strawberry version is very similar so you will have an idea of what it looks like in the store if you are interested in giving panda pies a try!

If you want to watch my video review of Saku Panda Strawberrry Monaka Pie, check out the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFAbjRyjOXw&feature=results_video


No comments:

Post a Comment