Friday, November 2, 2012

Spaghetti Snacks!?!

Yes, spaghetti snacks. Spaghetti crackers to be exact. I found this at Mitsuwa Market and, of course, I'm attracted to all strange items so I had to purchase this!



The packaging is awesome! The fun and colorful box definitely drew me in to purchase it! When you open the box, you can see that the crackers are neatly contained in silvery pouches.


Plus, the crackers come in many whimsical sea animal shapes!






Below is a shark!

I love all the detail in the crackers themselves. So, enough about aesthetics, how do these crackers taste? Well, not great, which didn't come as a big surprise to me. The texture of the cracker is quite nice because they were very light and crisp. The actual flavor was mediocre at best. The crackers had a strong, cheap tomato paste flavor. Shane described it best as tasting like Chef Boyardee raviolis, which isn't exactly the height of Italian cuisine. Shane did not like these crackers at all and gave them an enthusiastic thumbs down. I personally didn't find it horribly offensive tasting, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to repurchase this product.

The crackers are by the company Morinaga. If you can read Japanese from the images above, then you can see what the product is actually called.
If you would like to watch our video review check out the link below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFgcz0kfpQ&feature=results_video

No comments:

Post a Comment