Monday, May 14, 2012

Chicken Drumstix Snacks

I, once again, found unusual snacks at Cost Plus World Market. This time, we have Kikiriki Drumstix Original chicken flavored snacks by Nongshim. I haven't reviewed many, if any Korean snacks, so this is definitely a first! What a "first" it is! I was immediately intrigued by this product because it was so bizarre!




Between the brightly colored packaging, the cute chicken, and odd concept, I was immediately tempted to purchase! When I pulled the snacks out of the package, they do look very much like fried, breaded chicken drumsticks.




They did not taste wonderful. In fact they tasted very much like cardboard. I couldn't detect even a hint of chicken flavor in the little corn snack. The drumsticks had a much more distinct onion flavor with a not so appetizing texture. Though the product was clearly fresh it, sadly, tasted quite stale. You know how stale food has that odd combination of crunchy and chewy textures? This product embodied this perfectly.

Would I give this product two thumbs down. I would. For taste, that is. But it certainly wins points in my book for being a bizarre, novelty product. I could certainly see myself giving this away as gag gifts to friends!
I do have to admit, I didn't have high expectations of having an amazing culinary experience with Kikiriki Drumstix Original. It wasn't exactly a let down. It was a fun experience for what it was!

If you want to watch my video review, check out the link below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq0u5WoV8QU



1 comment: