Friday, March 29, 2013

Eclipse Chocolate Review

I am still working my way through my birthday candy stash! I recently was given Eclipse chocolate bars to try which is a company based in San Diego.  The owner was originally a jewelry and metalsmithing graduate from San Diego State University, but afterwards made a drastic career change. Will Gustwiller opened up his own chocolate shop which proved to be quite successful! So successful, that he opened up a second location in South Park!

Here are the treats I got!


These chocolate bars were given to me by a student of mine as a present. I quickly scarfed up both these bars! The quality of the chocolate is excellent and I do like the unusual combination of flavors in these bars. My favorite of the two is the Gingerbread Crumb. I distinctly taste all the spices in the bar, plus the creamy chocolate paired with the crunch of the gingerbread pieces adds a nice contrast! Very good! I would definitely repurchase!

The second bar was also very good. The chocolate in both bars are of excellent quality: very smooth and creamy dark chocolate. I would like this bar even better if they incorporated larger pieces of toffee in the bar, as I couldn't taste the toffee very well.






Overal,l I give thumbs up to Eclipse chocolate! They are known for their exotic flavors and high quality ingredients. Definitely give them a try if you get the chance!



2 comments:

  1. Mmmm well now I have to try to find a way to try these decadent morsels out! I LOVE the idea of crazy tasting chocolate so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I like trying unusual combinations of flavors in chocolates. Their chocolate mixed with chili or their burnt caramel chocolates are also delicious! Eclipse has a website if you are interested in checking it out. http://eclipsechocolat.com/ You can order online on there as well.

      Delete