Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jewelry I have been wearing lately!

 Normally, I don't wear much jewelry. I'm a bad jeweler! :-( I make jewelry, so I figured I should be more conscious of wearing jewelry more often. Lately, I've been liking the idea of layering necklaces.  I feel it gives a more visually rich appearance, especially when picking pieces that lay on the body at different lengths. 

This is the combination of jewelry I have been wearing quite frequently.


The shortest necklace is a strawberry necklace that was given to me as a present from the bride at a wedding dinner rehearsal.  The middle necklace is a donut pendant I cast out of white bronze with resin and glass. The longest necklace is made of sterling silver with various semi-precious stones attached to the chain.  I fabricated the pendant and embedded more semi-precious stones in the silver frame. 

In the picture above, you can see the silver eggshell earrings that I made.  They have freshwater pearls set into the eggshell cups.

I am going to make more of an effort to wear jewelry on a regular basis. I hope this inspires you to wear multiple pieces of jewelry and configure them in different ways! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment